Sunday, July 29, 2012

Reminder at the Opening Ceremony




So, on Friday night, we got a wonderful, surprise visit from our nanny who watched the kids when we first moved to HV.  She was such a bright spot in our lives for that year, and Kate was so amazed that she would come see her.  We had a special time of homemade cookies, light saber shows and catching up.


I am not sure why I was so confused about the start of the Opening Ceremony, but I could not figure out how it could start in the UK at 9 pm and still be on here in the evening (the magic of previous recording), so we did not plan to watch it.  Around 8:30, Samantha said, "I think the opening ceremony started at 6:30 central time." So, in an effort not to miss history and to get the kids closer to bedtime, we turned toward the TV.  It took a few minutes for me to find NBC, and who was proudly waving their flag when the Opening Ceremony flashed on the screen?  The Democratic Republic of Congo.  My heart swelled . . .just another sweet nugget of confirmation and another chance to feel compassion and pride for that little part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment